Bullock Track Bush Weeding Bee
Sunday 17 September 2023, 10:00am - 11:30am
Last summer, we ended up postponing almost all of our weeding due to torrential rain and cyclones! So we’re eager to get back out there early this spring. The wet conditions and relatively warm winter, means the weeds are thriving!
We’ll be tackling the wattle, gorse along the side wall, and freeing any plants from morning glory as our priorities and we’d love your help
What you need to know:
- Meet at 10am this Sunday at the top entrance (cnr the Bullock Track and Old Mill Road click for google maps location)
- Duration 90min
- Sturdy footwear essential, gumboots recommended
- Long sleeves recommended
- Bring water, a sun hat and sunscreen
- Bring pruning shears or loppers and gloves if you have them (we also have a supply so don’t worry if you don’t)
- The park can be muddy and slippery in places, and the track is quite degraded in other parts
- Sturdy footwear, and reasonable level of fitness is needed
- Asbestos board was located in one area of the park a few years back, because of this part of our health and safety plan is to not disturb the soil. Therefore we do not dig on the site, so no spades or forks. We will cover this in our H&S briefing.
Please email if you hope to come along, as it’s great to get an idea for numbers.