Want to work for Urban Ark - Manawa Taiao?
Urban Ark – Manawa Taiao is looking to recruit a part-time Facilitator. Here’s the job advert:
Urban Ark – Manawa Taiao is a community-based charitable trust in Auckland’s inner west, working towards an ecologically connected urban landscape where indigenous wildlife can thrive. From Ponsonby to Pt Chevalier and Maungawhau (Mt Eden) to Ōwairaka (Mt Albert), our associated groups are involved with trapping, weeding, native planting and advocacy for our awa and maunga.
We seek a facilitator to create and manage inspirational, supportive and collaborative community conservation programmes. The successful candidate will:
- be an energetic and experienced independent contractor
- report directly to the Trust Board
- work closely with the Coordinator to identify, support, and actively connect the various community biodiversity projects
- develop partnerships to expand and amplify the impact of community conservation
- work closely with schools to expand the impact of our work
- achieve pest-free and positive native biodiversity outcomes, in accordance with an agreed strategic direction
- develop working relationships with local iwi
- organise and convene appropriate community forums on a regular basis
The scale and terms of the services to be provided are negotiable, but we expect the role to require 25–30 hours per week for 6 months, with a wage of $30 per hour. The position will be hosted by Auckland Zoo with office space, as well as a supportive and social working environment. The Trust Board intends to seek funding to extend the position beyond mid-2021.
Posted: 4 December 2020